Xavier Regrets Mistakes on Yamal's Record Night

 Zaragoza Martínez scored a brace 29 minutes into the match and Barcelona trailed 2-0. One of which came in the first minute of the match. At that time, the first loss of the season in La Liga was also eye-catching. However, just before the break, Lamin Yamal scored a goal to make it 2-1. With this goal, Yamal also became the youngest goalscorer in the history of La Liga.

Xavier Regrets Mistakes on Yamal's Record Night

The teenager scored his first goal in La Liga at 16 years and 87 days. The longest record was held by Fabrik Olinger. Who scored for Malaga in 2012 at 16 years and 98 days. While Granada was dreaming of victory, Sergi Roberto ended the dream with a goal in the 85th minute to secure a point for Barca. The match ended in a 2-2 draw. After this draw, Barca rose to third place in the list with 21 points in 9 matches.

Barca dominated the Granada field from the beginning. They shook the hosts with one attack after another. Possessing 81 percent of the ball, Barca took 22 shots, 10 of which were on target. On the other hand, with only 19 percent possession, Granada took 7 shots but couldn't put more than 2 on target. But Barça's football would have been a complete failure if it had been a little bit more. Basically, the team had to suffer due to a lack of finishing.

After the match, Xavi expressed his anger. Barca's coach said, 'I think we dominated the match. We had enough chances and we deserved more goals. But could not due to their own mistakes. 30 seconds into the match we are losing. Then I played the second goal. But in the end, we deserved to win. And we cannot go to play in the field like this.

Xavi also talked about Joao Felix's canceled goal at the last minute. Barca's coach expressed disappointment with the referee's decision on this goal, "The referee canceled Joao's goal, we think he could have scored the goal." And I don't think Ferran Torres interfered during this goal. Even if he didn't jump, the ball would have gone there.'

Xavier Regrets Mistakes on Yamal's Record Night

At this time, Xavi also spoke about Lamin Yamal's historic goal, "I am happy for his historic goal." It has benefited us a lot. Today he also scored a very important goal.

Before this, Yamal became the youngest player in Barca's history when he played against Real Betis last April. Then last August, Yamal became the youngest player to 'assist' (goal) in La Liga by scoring a goal with Gavi. At 16 years and 45 days old, Yamal surpassed teammate Ansu Fati's record. Fati scored against Valencia in September 2019 at the age of 16 years and 318 days. And last month, Yamal also entered the list of the youngest goal scorers for Spain.

PSG beat René 3-1 in the same night's Ligue A match. The Paris club got this victory after two consecutive losses. With this victory, PSG has risen to the 3rd position in the points table. After 8 matches, their points are 13.